This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to help loved ones visit their family members and friends safely, who are residents within care homes in Lincolnshire. As a Volunteer Host you will greet and welcome visitors at their appointed visiting time, checking that they are one of the nominated people for the specific resident. You will then:
• Ask mandatory questions re Covid-19 symptoms
• Make sure the visitor is provided with, and wears, the required PPE for the duration of the visit
• Provide the visitor with a rapid lateral flow test and give guidance on how it should be used/confirm date and result if taken at home
• Record all data for the visitor as required, in line with care home’s policies and procedures
• Ensure the visitor waits for the required time in the allocated area before they are escorted to the resident.
Once test results are back, if negative you will help escort the visitor to the resident after the required waiting time, making sure the room the visit is taking place in has adequate ventilation according to the guidance
If a positive test is indicated, the visitor will be given an information leaflet on Covid-19 and advised to seek a confirmation PCN test.
Once the visit time is complete you may then escort the visitor back to where they need to be and dispose of used PPE in accordance with the guidance given to you.
Other tasks will include making sure there is availability of hand sanitiser in the reception/waiting area and wiping down chairs/surfaces used by visitors whilst waiting.
• Flexible days/hours dependent on the need of the care home
• Matched to care home nearest to you (currently Sleaford, Saxilby, Spalding and Chapel St Leonards areas)
• You will receive full training (face to face and online), an induction into the role and support from the care home staff team.
• A designated named member of care home staff will be on hand for advice and support throughout your shift
As well as a sense of satisfaction in helping to connect families and friends with their loved ones you will also benefit from full training in the following:
• Health & Safety
• Equality & Diversity
• Safeguarding Awareness
• General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• National Infection Prevention Control (IPC) training through Public Health.
This role would be ideal for anyone wanting to help their community’s response the Covid-19 pandemic, or who may wish to gain experience in a social care setting.
• Tasks could change in accordance with any changes in Government guidance which would need to be implemented by the care homes
• Volunteers can only volunteer for one specific care home to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission
• Volunteers will be required to follow the care home’s Infection Prevention & Control policies and procedures at all times including wearing PPE, undergoing testing, and vaccinations – operating the hands, face and space protocols
• Age Restriction: Over 18 years
• DBS Check: yes – enhanced
• Disabled Access – Yes
• Expenses: Yes, up to a maximum of £5
• Recruitment – application form, references, enhanced DBS check