Senior Care Roles
Care For Your Life Ltd is a successful and growing care organisation that provides outstanding elderly, dementia and Nursing care. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant ( Nights ) at St Clare-#39;s Care Home, Lincoln, LN6 0QT
Responsibilities and Duties
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the Care Team and will be dedicated to contributing towards the continuous high quality of care given to our residents.
- To support the House Manager in all aspects of management of day staff providing supervision and supporting the staff. To establish with the House Manager and maintain an efficient workable routine and ensure smooth running of care duties in the Care Home. To administer medication to service users. Ideally a holder of an NVQ Level 3 or above in Health and Social Care.
Responsibilities and Duties
Our ideal Senior Care Assistant will have the following skills and values: Caring nature. Strong communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team and individually. Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents.
- To supervise and oversee the care and domestic staff on duty during the Senior Care shift.
- To monitor residents appetites at all times, making sure the diet intake is sufficient for the individual needs.
- To ensure staff are friendly and efficient in running the floor routines.
- Ensure medication is administered and signed for in accordance with MARS sheets and specific instructions provided, and the correct dose is given to the correct resident.
- Ensure residents needs and capabilities are assessed on a daily basis and recorded in daily logs.
- Assisting GP-#39;s, District Nurses and any other professionals.
- Dealing with calls and an emergencies, including falls, injuries and completing relevant paperwork i.e body map and accident reports.
- Helping residents with: Washing, bathing, and dressing, toileting, eating and drinking, Walking, getting in and out of bed
Qualifications and Skills
- Be conversant with the homes policies and procedures and the regulatory framework with which the home is required to comply. To ensure that the home operates in accordance with these, and to carry out all duties in accordance with the homes policies and procedures.
- Maintain good staff relationships within the Home and with all visitors to the Home.
Treat with respect and dignity, given a choice, privacy and allowed to be as independent as their emotional and physical condition will permit.
- To understand the rights of the individual to confidentiality and to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure an appropriate exchange of information between all grades of staff which promotes continuity of residents care, and the efficient operation of the home
- Using resources economically and effectively.
- Be respectful of work colleagues, avoid gossip and work as a team.
You will be supported by a programme of continuous training and development.
Bonus on successful completion of identified training (conditions apply)
Enhanced payment for Bank Holidays if worked
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent