Either currently holding QCF level 2 or working towards the qualification.
Experience of working with Learning Disabilities and a willingness to learn.
The Manager or the Senior in Charge.
To assist qualified staff in the day to day running of the Home and to maintain high standards of support and service towards Those we support, relatives, visitors and other members of staff.
To deliver support to Those we support as directed by the Support Plan for that individual, reporting and changes or concerns to the senior in charge or other staff.
- Report both verbally and in writing on Those we supports general condition and well being.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for those we support and staff.
- Assist staff in maintaining records and support plans on each shift.
- Administer Medication at Specified times.
- Assist in the collection of specimens and samples.
- Act as chaperon for medical and professional staff as may be required.
- Assist those we support in maintaining their personal hygiene, dressing and going to bed.
- Report accidents and incidents to the Manager or senior member of staff on duty.
Support of Those we support
- Assist in the support of all those we support through the delivery of individual planned support programmes.
- Promote independence and dignity of those we support
- Assist in enabling those we support to live their chosen lifestyle.
- Talk to and listen to those we support.
- Participate in social activities directed at benefiting those we support’s quality of life.
- Report complaints directly to the senior in charge as soon as they are made.
- Undertake QCF level 2 training in Direct Care if not already qualified.
- Undertake such in house and external training which is appropriate to your role and has been identified through a training needs appraisal.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Work within the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Homes’ Quality Management System.
- Any other such duties as may be from time to time required to ensure the safe running of the home and delivery of appropriate care to those we supports