The job is for 22 hours per week two nights per week (11 hour shifts) which include every third weekend. Oakdene is a 35 bedded nursing and residential home. We have friendly and welcoming team who support each other.
Job Description Registered Nurse (Night Duty)
Responsible To: Home Manager
- To manage the night care of the service users
- Supervise the Care Assistants
- To maintain the standards of care expected by the management and CQC
- To support the Manager in all aspects of home management
- Help in the training of care staff
- To ensure all staff carry out their duties in a competent and efficient manner bearing in mind safeguarding policies and the dignity and privacy of residents
- Have a working knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental Health Regulations
- Have a working knowledge of Home Policies and procedures in respect of job role and responsibilities especially in relation to safeguarding service users.
- To ensure the giving of care is to a high standard maintaining the privacy and dignity of the service users including personal care to care of the dying
- Ensure all records are kept up to date, supervising the carers with the residential records
- Take part in staff meetings and training as required
- Give out medications to NMC guidelines and the Home’s policy and procedures.
h. Ensure care is carried out as per the individual personal care plan
i. Any other reasonable duties
j. Hours 2015 to 0715 hrs