Domestic & Laundry Assistant
The purpose of a Domestic & Laundry assistant at Braceborough Hall Retirement home:
- To provide high standards of cleaning;
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment for the clients/residents;
- To ensure the supply of clean laundry throughout the home;
Domestics & Laundry assistant is an important role in making sure that all areas are clean and safe, where staff can care for clients/residents.
As a domestic & laundry assistant, you will carry out everyday tasks.
This will/could include:
- using spray cleaners
- cleaning hard floors with mops or steam floor cleaners
- using vacuum cleaners or carpet cleaners
- cleaning toilet and bathroom areas
- maintaining the up-keep of the laundry
- ensuring there is no unnecessary build-up of dirty clothes
- ensure that laundry is sorted into different washes ( washing temperatures, white or dark clothes, woollens, soiled, etc., loaded into the washer(s) and dryer(s) accordingly
- to be responsible for the maintenance of the laundry equipment and the daily de-fluffing of the dryer, reporting any defects to the manager, maintenance staff.
- To allocate clothes to their appropriate baskets.
- To distribute clothes into clients/residents rooms and put them away neatly.
- Ensure the correct marking of the client clothing and do simple repairs.
- To keep the laundry room and storage areas in a clean and hygienic state.
You'll do with routine cleaning/washing which needs to be done on a daily or weekly basis as well as emergencies such as spills. You may also carry out a regular, planned deep cleaning on a monthly or annual basis.
Domestic/laundry assistants need to:
- be physically fit
- follow instructions and procedures
- pay attention to detail
- work as part of a team
- take responsibility for their work
- be able to work unsupervised
They also need
- organisation skills
- teamwork skills
When you start work as a domestic/laundry assistant, you will be given the training you need. This will include health and safety and manual handling as well as an introduction to the department, courses in particular topics such as dealing with hazardous waste, infection control, specific substances and materials, etc.
The company will provide all required training.