STP/ CTHD/ CB /30720
Care Assistant- Residential Care Home -ndash; Permanent,-nbsp;Full Time 33-44 hours-nbsp;
Are you looking for a rewarding and varied role?
Can you offer the highest level of customer care and bring a smile to your workplace?
Do you have excellent communication skills to build strong and supportive relationships with our residents?
As we continue to provide empowering care which supports our residents to live fulfilling lives, maintaining and regaining life skills and independence, we need motivated individuals to join our team to enable us to grow and continue to build positive relationships with our residents, through excellent levels of communication and understanding.
If you enjoy helping people and want to make a difference in their lives then we would very much like to hear from you.
We are-nbsp;St Philip-#39;s Care and we are dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we were named -#39;The most outstanding care group in the UK-#39; in 2016 and -lsquo;The most improved Dementia Care Group in the UK-rsquo; in 2017 by the UK Over 50s Housing Awards. We continue to provide excellent standards of care.
You should be an experienced Carer or an individual with a genuine desire to enter the care arena looking for a new position in Cathedral Care Nursing-nbsp;Home in-nbsp;Lincoln.-nbsp;
We offer a full training and induction package including a City and Guilds Verified Care Certificate for those who require it. The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for -ldquo;normal-rdquo; health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients-rsquo; needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Read and act on the Care Plans of each client to promote continuity of care.
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Report to Senior staff any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
- To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
- Previous experience of care work in a Hospital, Care or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly
- NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care