The Bungalow Care Home is a successful care home which was taken over by new enthusiastic management a year ago.-nbsp;-nbsp;We are looking for a passionate Activities Coordinator to join our great team. This is a permanent position.
The Bungalow Care Home is located at 156 Park Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 1QZ, we are a 28 bed residential care home specialising in Dementia Care. We are passionate about providing excellent person centred care to our residents and are looking for someone who is caring, empathetic, friendly, keen to learn and resident focused to join our team.
Working Hours - 35 hours per week-nbsp;
- As an activities coordinator you will develop and plan programs, outing and event, staffing the events with the support of the Manager and overseeing the implementation of activities. Ensuring that the programme reflects the current population of residents wishes and preferences.
- You will support and enable our residents to maintain their personal interests in accordance with best practices, agreed standards, legislation and within financial budget.
- You will maintain skills-nbsp;at-nbsp;your-nbsp;current-nbsp;level,-nbsp;undertake-nbsp;such-nbsp;training-nbsp;and-nbsp;development-nbsp;as required-nbsp;from-nbsp;time-to-time-nbsp;to-nbsp;maintain-nbsp;and-nbsp;progress your knowledge.
- You will also attend mandatory training and staff meetings.
- You will be required to attend supervisions and annual appraisals.
- Organise and plan activity programmes reflecting our residents preferences.
- Produce a newsletter informing residents and their relatives what-rsquo;s going on at the home
- Support our residents to write letters, Skype and FaceTime their relatives
- Plan events within an allocated budget
- Ensure Residents are-nbsp;at-nbsp;the-nbsp;heart-nbsp;of-nbsp;events and programmes to enhance their-nbsp;wellbeing. Ensuring residents receive one to one time as well as group activities.
- Assist and support residents at mealtimes as required
- Responsible for-nbsp;promoting-nbsp;and-nbsp;safeguarding-nbsp;the-nbsp;welfare-nbsp;of-nbsp;our residents
- Use resources economically and effectively and maintain good relationships with co-workers and visitors to the home.
- Free Parking
- Free Uniform
- Pension option
- Enhanced bank holiday pay
- Statutory Holiday Allowance
- Supportive and bespoke induction
- Continuous training and development
Required Qualifications -amp; Skills:
- At least one years experience working in the care sector in a similar role
- Certification as an Activities professional by a recognised accrediting organisation
- Valid Drivers License
- Proficient computer skills
- Good English - written and verbal
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving skills