Care For Your Life Ltd is a successful and growing care organisation that provides outstanding elderly, dementia and Nursing care. We are currently recruiting for an Activities Coordinator at Sandbeck House Care Home, Skegness, Lincs, PE25 3JX
Duties and Responsibilities
As an Activities Coordinator at a Care For Your Life Ltd, you-#39;ll help to create a stimulating environment that enables us to deliver exceptional all-round care and support for our residents. Our ethos is all about celebrating life, so you-#39;ll help to devise imaginative, fun and motivational activities that suit every interest and ability. An extremely rewarding role, part of your time as an Activities Coordinator will be spent getting to know our residents and their families before you create tailored activities programmes focused on maximising everyone-#39;s wellbeing, independence and social engagement. Some of your day to day duties include,
- To consult with each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes/dislikes, abilities and personal preferences.
- To ensure the activity care plan for each resident is in place within 2 weeks from the date of admission and it is kept up to date and regularly reviewed.
- Ensure Residents receive one to one time, particularly those that do not wish to participate in group activities. This should include opportunities within the home and the wider community.
- To liaise and consult with staff and relatives regarding activities that may be beneficial, stimulating and enjoyable to the resident.
- To assist and support residents at meal times as required, ensuring the appropriate equipment is available and the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To undertake any reasonable request which facilitates the resident-rsquo;s right to choice, dignity and respect.
- To regularly assess the effectiveness of the social events and activities programme.
- To work as an active team member with your colleagues within the home to ensure the highest standards of care are achieved
You-#39;ll need to be warm, empathetic and personable to join us as an Activities Coordinator. Your organisational skills and driven mind-set mean you always get things done and make things happen. Meanwhile, your infectious enthusiasm and creative approach will inspire our residents and staff to get involved in activities both within the home and in the local community. Any similar experience would be ideal, but it isn-#39;t essential - especially because we-#39;ll make sure you have the training you need to develop your skills and progress your career with us.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be conversant with the homes policies and procedures and the regulatory framework with which the home is required to comply. To ensure that the home operates in accordance with these, and to carry out all duties in accordance with the homes policies and procedures.
- Maintain good staff relationships within the Home and with all visitors to the Home.
- Treat our residents with respect and dignity, given a choice, privacy and allowed to be as independent as their emotional and physical condition will permit.
- To understand the rights of the individual to confidentiality and to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure an appropriate exchange of information between all grades of staff which promotes continuity of residents care, and the efficient operation of the home
- Using resources economically and effectively.
- Be respectful of work colleagues, avoid gossip and work as a team.
- If you have the right values for our organisation, you will be supported by a programme of continuous training and development.
- Bonus on successful completion of identified training (conditions apply)
- Paid breaks
- Enhanced payment for Bank Holidays if worked.